A worthy cause

Hey, I got this fbook message from an old friend of mine who is gonna run a marathon. If any of you have some charity-earmarked money burning a hole in your pocket (and you have already donated to haiti) then this might help you out.

Hey Ben!
How are you? are you still in Montreal? How I miss the city! and the people! I’m living in Seattle now- you should come visit there are amazing bike paths!
I am writing to you now to let you know that I am super excited to be running the Seattle Marathon on June 26th but I need your help. I have decided to train on behalf of the Leukemia and Lymphoma society and have committed to raising 3,000$ that contributes directly to cancer research, improved patient services and aid for those having difficulty financing their treatments.
I know you’re probably wondering if I can do it. The truth is, I’m wondering the same thing. Doubt, skepticism and the fear of “not being able to make it” are the same thoughts that many cancer patients struggle with. Every ten minutes another child or adult is expected to die from a blood-related cancer, the other half of the cancer battle is filled with stories of families taking care of their loved ones, children being hopeful in the face of unthinkable obstacles and the constant perseverance of hope.
I will dedicate my time, my body and my mind to running this marathon and raising money but I need YOUR help. Please donate as much as you can- whether that’s ten dollars or a hundred. The donation is 100% tax deductible.
Thank you so much for your support,
Ruthie

*To donate, please take a look at my website for more information: http://pages.teamintraining.org/wa/rnrseatl10/rarbit

• Please feel free to forward this email to as many people as you can and encourage them to donate as well. Thanks again.