Freediving insanity

I was just blown away by this today - the music and composition is pretty awesome too.

The hole is 202 meters deep, or roughly the distance between the Roddick gates to Y in front of the arts building. Sheer f’ing insanity.

I started holding my breath while watching it, and after a while I got really stressed out just by watching it

Have you guys realized how dense this man must be to sink at that pace. Holy crap dude.

yeah, i thought maybe the thing he wears on his back is a weight.

He’s actually not going that fast, I think the sinkhole walls messes up perception. I don’t think the whole movie is filmed in a single jump either, they’ve compiled scenes from a series of jumps and they might have even bottomed using a pony tank with the camera woman (who is also breath holding and filming for added insanity).

Nery’s actual personal record was 109 m with a unifin (constant weight too I believe) and lasted around ~3min, no way he could have done that just falling on one breath. The “no limits” record is only 214 m and the single breath record of 210 was done using a fast cable sled spooled from a boat.

Still incredibly cool though.

I don’t know if Im the only one to notice but:
Description of the video:
FREE FALL: World champion freediver Guillaume Nery special dive at Dean’s Blue Hole, the deepest blue hole in the world filmed entirely on breath hold by the french champion Julie Gautier. This video is a FICTION and an ARTISTIC PROJECT.

Only the dive structure and montage are fictional.

still a goosebump video though!