Long ride end of April! Mlt-Tremblant-Mtl?!?

last year we did this amazing ride:

I’d like to do something similar again this year. Potential weekends are April 28th/29th, May 12/13th or May 19/20th or whenever.

This will be a long & fast ride and it wont be suited for beginners!
Let me know if you’re interested!

• I’m interested!
  • Nah

0 voters

@MikeB @Guillaume_Drouin_Gar one more time?

1 Like

Sure. when its warm enough

1 Like

is that Danish guy still around!??!

3 Likes

Morten? no unfortunately not…

I’ll rep some Dansk colours to make up for Morten’s absence, much to @Jordan’s displeasure …

how about getting to Kingston then doing Kingston-Mtl?

or Mtl- QC then getting a lift back.

These tailwind rides are pretty fun usually haha.

2 Likes

hehe I’m open to that!

1 Like

I also did that ride, by myself, last year :wink:

Looking forward to do it again :slight_smile:

Would be down for one of the later dates. Need to get some more miles in my legs…

1 Like

In the case that we head to Quebec City could we plan to stay for the night? If yes, would there be interest in getting ‘loose as a goose’ on the Goose? (Referring to a night out while drinking a good amount of Grey Goose, of course). Could be a fun way to celebrate the end of semester before some folks head home (ie. @Nickkleb).

3 Likes

Is this the old Dylan?

2 Likes

Tough to say… If we’re getting loose then it’s a guarantee that I’ll be wearing the white free’s, a clear indication of the old ways…

3 Likes

we probably wont go out other than for dinner but we will see

For what its worth, getting your socks off after one of these rides is a challenge.

1 Like

Ok our options so far include:

A) Mtl -> Tremblant -> Mtl (about 300km/2000m)
B) drive to Kingston and then: Kingston -> Mtl (about 300km/no climbing lol)
C) Mtl -> Quebec and then getting a lift back (about 300km/maybe 1000m)
D) Mtl -> Portland and then drive back (bam! 415km/2500m)

Portland would be ambitious but its pretty flat. We would stay one night there and then head back the next day. I do like the idea tho. It would be a great adventure.

Right now the weather looks really good for the last April weekend!

I’ll have to look into some of the logistics if we decide to to B, C or D so please indicate which ride you prefer @DDalgas @cameron_mitchell @FelixF @JeffFaBu @vnadon @MikeB
We can always do them all throughout the summer.

• A
  • B
  • C
  • D

0 voters

Ohh and @oliver_wockner @Nickkleb you should come

1 Like

yo, I added more info in the previous post

PORTLAND!? That’s my hood… I’m out of town till June but looking forward to summer rides when I return.

4 Likes

can we confirm the last weekend of april? I’m asking off from work and I have to sell my soul to get shifts taken… this ride is worth it!

@FelixF yes, I can confirm the last April weekend! Unless the forecast changes drasticly we’re set. We just have to decide on the destination!

1 Like

Bad news…I looked at cars to get back from Portland on the Sunday but this will be challenging since most rental places close early on Saturday and are closed on Sundays. The ones that are open are either very expensive or don’t have cars left.

We can either do the Tremblant loop which would not require any planning

There is a train to Kingston (6:37 -> 9:21) for 48$ + 25$ for a bike that we could take.

The last train back from Quebec leaves at 5:45 which could be tough. After that there are only busses and I don’t know yet if they take bikes. I’m personally no too keen on staying the night there in sweaty kit.