Looking for people interested in GP4000S tires

Hi all,

Probikekit currently has great prices on Continental 700x23 GP4000S tires (http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=Y1014), that have been rated as the best around (puncture protection, grip, rolling resistance, etc.) by the famous Tour magazine. All you engineering geeks, make sure to take a look at this article:
http://www.conti-online.com/generator/www/de/en/continental/bicycle/general/home/gp4000s_testwinner_en.html

I already ordered tires on PBK and always end up paying custom fees (around $25-$30).
Tires are on sale at $40.55, add to that (custom fees/# of tires): maybe $5 and you have a $45.50 tire, all taxes included. They retail at a minimum of $56-59 + tx here and are extremely hard to find.
If you are interested in getting some, sign up here. I will organize the order and ask you to pay me when I receive them (can take up to 2-3 weeks, but hey, we’re already planning ahead).
Of course, if you prefer to order them on your own and pay full custom fees, you’re free to do so.

I think I would be in for getting several tires. Speaking of which I still owe Ben for the team fee/jersey

I have something to consider though, if you dont get a lot of interest. When I get something from pbk if it is under like say $50, about 50% of the time Canada customs doesnt bother to charge the duty or something, I`m not sure why. Since they have free shipping it might be worth ordering multiple tires one at a time…

I tried that (single tire order vs double or quadruple tire order) and still got charged every time. I don’t know if it has to do with the nature of the product? Customs and their mysteries…

I would be interested in getting 4 tires, if that’s possible.

I’ll be making the order by this afternoon. We’re currently at 11 (!) tires.
If anyone wants to drop off/join in, be quick.

order made

does PBK ship USPS?

no, Canada post (free shipping)

if you mean us postal service they do, ans it might be dumb to even say, but usps only if you get it to the states

i only asked because USPS (AKA canada post on this end) customs fees should be zero for a product that costs $40. I think that duty only applies for purchases beyond $40, and even then it’s minimal with USPS