Race in NY,NY Mar 10th

Would anybody be interested? I think it could be fun because downtown New York is so close by. It’s just a Critt btw.

Mike

I would be interested and don’t mind doing part of the drive as long as someone has a car.

What I had in mind was get there Friday around 7-8pm, leave Sunday around 3-4 pm? I’m going to look into options for cars…

Yes

Also, I’m bringing my +1 because she wants to see NY. Helps bring costs down too! She doesn’t bike either so 1 less bike in the car.
Anybody have any ideas of good places (cheap) to stay in NY?

Ok it seems a hotel room for 4 would be the best way to go. If we were sneaky maybe we could fit a 5th? If we book soon it would be about ~100-120 each for 2 nights (for 4 people).

Note: Anything more than a 1hr drive with 5 people in a normal-sized car is misery

What about an 18 hour drive?

If you’re going for the Saturday race, you might as well go to the one on Sunday too. It’s really not very far from NY. But then if your primary goal is to see the city, you’d be missing a day in New York.
http://collegiatecycling.org/eccc/wiki/uploads/Calendar/2012-Stevens.pdf

[quote=Jocelyn Berteaud]If you’re going for the Saturday race, you might as well go to the one on Sunday too. It’s really not very far from NY. But then if your primary goal is to see the city, you’d be missing a day in New York.
http://collegiatecycling.org/eccc/wiki/uploads/Calendar/2012-Stevens.pdf[/quote]

This is a pretty good idea if everyone else is interested. I also don’t mind spending the day in NYC though!

As for the car, I’d rather pay a bit more and not be 5 people… Ever.

i’m thinking of doing this as well. Would probably want to race both days.

I would be down for both race days. Also theres a chance I will have a car (will know soon)

Theres a cheap hotel in NJ (for the 2nd race) I think it would make more sense to stay there saturday night.

I’ve subscribed for the faculty olympics that weekend, but if I can cancel it I’m down for some real racing in NYC, woot!

Oh and I’m more down for the crit than the road race.

Well let me know what the plan is as I’m excited to get this booked.

I actually have a friend that goes to Columbia that I would be able to spend the night but if it’s cheaper for everyone then I will gladly book a hotel with the team.

I’m interested, but only if we can benefit from ECCC host housing.

And i have a car.

How do we check if they provide host housing? Race on Sunday said “here’s a hotel nearby”

Dear Amanda and Nicolas

I am pleased to match the two of you up for host housing. Thanks to Amanda for volunteering to host. I know the Canadian teams will really appreciate this opportunity. Please get in touch with each other to secure details for Saturday night, March 10th.

If there are any questions, please let me know.

Thanks

Caitlin

PS: Amanda - I think you said that you could host 4-5. The Canadians have said (below) that they will probably have 6 people. There is another person on the Stevens team who said they could host 2 in Hoboken. If we need to move some people to there, let me know.

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 8:50 AM, Nicolas Ammerlaan nicolas.ammerlaan@gmail.com wrote:
Hello,

A few fellow Canadians are thinking about heading south for the Stevens circuit race, and we would like to benefit from host housing if that is possible.

We would probably be around 3 riders from McGill University, and maybe another 3 from University of Montréal.

Regards,

Hey yall,
I’m down. I have trouble following how many we would be, in how many cars and what the plan is for the housing and everything. Would anyone mind clearing that up for me please?
Thanks
Also, I don’t mind helping out for making calls and all if you need help organizing.

I also checked the races and I’d probably do both the women open and the women A-B crits (if the weather is nice), but I wouldn’T take part in the road race on the Sunday. I don’t mind feeding (if it’s allowed) on Sunday.

Peace!