Spinning during reading week?

Hi Everyone,

I know that there is the race this weekend, but I’m just wondering if anyone will lead a spin session for those of us not going to the race, on Thursday evening.

Thanks and good luck to the racers!

M.

[quote=“Monika”]Hi Everyone,

I know that there is the race this weekend, but I’m just wondering if anyone will lead a spin session for those of us not going to the race, on Thursday evening.

Thanks and good luck to the racers!

M.[/quote]

I seem to recall that our regular spin instructor Mike Hons. would be in town and give a “calm” spinning session on thursday!
So I think there is spinning (but not on sunday).

Cheers,
Diederik

i’m there thursday. moreover, it’s generally suggested to put in a relatively vigorous workout a few days before racing so as to get energy compensation de day of, eg. if i were racing saturday, i would go all out wednesday and spin ‘calmly’ thursday, rest friday, and kick ass saturday.

energy compensation is theoretical, but for me personally it has a significant effect. You’ll feel much better having trained at your usual level, than having done nothing the whole week before. That’s what really kills you during a break-away! Take it from me. I had done nothing a week and half before rutgers last year, and suffered like never before at a pace i can otherwise sustain fairly well.

p.s. for optimal energy drink, dissolve gatorade powder in Red Bull.

should we add a dash of speed to that?

Actually, it depends. Some say you should do a high threshold working about 5 days before event, a full recovery day, and then a few days of flush rides to keep the legs supple and muscles recovered. I have not heard anywhere of people doing hammer fest training rides a day, two, even three days before a big event. Your muscles take long than that to recover people…

its not about energy conservation, its about muscular recovery…

and no, there will be NO spinning this sunday.

But there will definitely be one tomorrow. See you all there.

And no, it will not be a hammerfest.