Spinning training plan

hey,

I like to spin at my home once in a while but I lack a training plan. Could one of you give me a training plan for a 1h-1h30min session.

Thank you in advance.

Laurent

What we did today was an inverse pyramid: so 5 min - 4 min - 3 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5. Each interval is done at a high intensity, probably 90-95% of the effort you would give if it were a race of that duration, and each interval as followed by 3 minutes of recovery. Make sure you warm up.

Last week we did 10s - 20s - 30s - 40s - 50s - 60s with one minute in between each interval. The intervals are absolutely max intensity for those durations - so 10s full out, 1 minute rest, 20s full out, etc. Give yourself lots of rest at the end and repeat the whole block for a total of 2 or 3 times. This is a very hard workout.

I’ll try to post my sunday spin sets in the future.

thank you!

Or try this one for building cadence speed:

Divide your hour into 12 x 5 minutes.

First and last 5 minute blocks are warm up and warm down.

For the other 10:

• 5 x [regular cadence (say 90 r.p.m.) for 15 sec., then 95 r.p.m. for 15 sec., then 100r.p.m. for 15 sec., then 110 r.p.m. for 15 sec.]
    • 4 minutes of low/medium resistance sprints of 15 sec. with 15 sec. rest between, then 1 minute of rest.
    • 4 minutes of 30 sec. sprints with 15 sec rest in between, then 1 minute rest.
    • 4 minutes of 45 sec. sprints with 15 sec. rest in between, then 1 minute rest.
    • High resistance steady climb for 5 minutes, some out of the saddle to stretch your legs and give your butt a break.
  1. through 10. - Repeat 1. through 5.

You don’t have to kill yourself on the sprints. Keep the resistance moderate. Work on your form, getting the leg speed high, and keeping steady in the saddle. No bouncing. Nothing should move except for your legs.

15 minute warm up
30 minutes full gas
15 minute cooldown

How to train:

Ride everyday, as hard are you can, for as long as you can.
Limit alcohol intake.

Every fourth week reduce training and increase drinking in accordance with the principle of periodization

Squats.

Pedal mashing