Bixi Showdown

Would anybody be game for a Bixi race this weekend? Not really sure of exactly where or when yet, but I’m thinking Saturday because it’s supposed to rain Sunday. We could possibly do a TPR or KOM style event but if anyone has an idea for a different course feel free to drop a comment. If lots of people want to participate, we could do like a Bixi relay thing so we don’t have to rent so many bikes. Place a vote below, I think this would be awesome.

• Let’s Make it Happen!
  • If you ain’t talking top tubes, I don’t wanna talk

0 voters

1 Like

I’m so down!!! Like a million percent!
I have a bit of a cold right now, but if I’m healthy by the weekend I’ll be there in my high-vis vest ready to crush some fellow bixi-ers

1 Like

I’m so down for a bixi relay

From what I can read online though, you can only use each bixi up to 30minutes at a time

i’ve been waiting for this for two and a half years

3 Likes

I have a key that gives me 45 min! #endurance

1 Like

Lol, i was thinking about doing this, but thought no one would be interested!

We must embrace the child inside us during these harsh midterm times

When the bixis first came out, people talked about this but it never materialized. Or did it end up turning into a bixi pub crawl?

@CedricCycling, if we buy one day passes, I think we can just keep swapping them out every 30 minutes, if push comes to shove.

There’s one key element that’s missing from all of this, and may make this all the more a showdown of endurance :wink:

Note: The author of this reply expresses his own viewpoint, and not that of McGill Cycling or any of its executive members.

2 Likes

Okay so I have a vague idea that I’ll admit is a bit out there but would be incredibly lit.

We split everyone into teams of 2 or 3 dependent on how many of us there are. One member of each team lines up for the mass start maybe at the base of houde (for example). The riders would then do a lap of pro tours or some variation of it (again for example). As the first members of each team go off, the remaining members will be waiting at the transition zone which we can set up near a bixi rack. The transition zone could have maybe a tent, chairs ,music, food, cold ones etc… (IDK what supplies we have). Once team member 1 is done their lap, they tag off the other rider from the transition zone and team member 2 can also change bixis if the half hour is up. Rider 1 then chills in the transition zone as rider 2 now does the lap. We would set a time limit for the event, say 3 hours, and the team who has done the most laps after that said time are the winners. We could keep track of each times laps on like a whiteboard in the transition zone for added drama. Also @adithyalaks if you still have the champagne I brought to the vuelta brunch, this is a perfect occasion for it.

I know there’s some problems with that plan but I think some variation of it could work out really well.

3 Likes

This sounds so baller. Don’t know if we’d be allowed to set up a tent… anywhere… in MTL. Defo can use like a park or something though with a table

I like the simplicity of just racing on the TPR track too though! Sprint Training!!
Or off road bixi??

The top speed is just a spinning game so I think there should be hills.

true!

Also no Bixie station at the F1 to my knowledge…

@Nickkleb Great idea, I’m game with the whole shebang!