Rutgers Organization. Need to know: do you have a car? do you have a sleeping pad or mattress?

Last Updated: Feb 28, 12:40 PM

I’ll post relevant information for our Rutgers adventure in this post, at the top of this thread. Check here for info on departure times, travel logistics.

Currently, we have 24 people signed up, which is awesome. If you’re coming and haven’t signed up yet, you can register in this thread. If you’re registered and want to pay your race fees in advance, see this thread.

IMPORTANT: If you’re planning on coming, do you have a car, or access to a car, that you’d be able to drive? The team will reimburse you for gas, and the less we have to pay for rentals the less everyone has to pay in race fees, which is great.

Departure:
Friday March 5th, 12:30, the usual location

Accommodation:
We have secured 10-12 “home-stay” spaces, and the rest will likely use the same motel as last year. (possibly two of the spaces have been taken by Brown)

Post below if you have sleeping pads or bedding.

Cost
$70, barring last minute changes.

I’m in and can drive 4 people

You probably can’t bring your bed… unless it’s some kind of collapsible folding super bed? The panel van will be crammed full of bikes, and people will be travelling with all or most seats full in cars and minivans.

I have a sleeping bag and sleeping pad

I too have a bag & pad.

I have a sleeping bag; no pad though. Can I bring my bed?

Here is a copy of the email that was just sent on the team mailing list:

Race flyer here: http://collegiatecycling.org/eccc/wiki/uploads/Calendar/20100306-rutgers.pdf

IF YOU READ NOTHING ELSE, READ THIS SECTION:

I need confirmation of your attendance. Please, if you are planning on attending, you must confirm with me by Wednesday Night, 10:00 PM at the latest. Email me with the following:

Full Name:
Phone Number:
Race Category (A,B,…,E):
Do you need a visa to enter the US?:
Do you have a sleeping bag and/or sleeping pad?:
Do you have access to a car that you could drive to and from the race (we will pay for gas)?:
Are you willing to drive a rental? If so, how old are you?:
Do you have accommodation preferences (host house vs. hotel, someone you want to room with)?:

Email me this info by 10:00 PM Wednesday if you want to come.

Departure: We will be meeting at the usual space, the parking lot on Rue Evans, at 12:00. If you cannot leave/meet this early, contact me. We are travelling in several vehicles so arrangements can be made. We’ll be travelling in cars and minivans. If you have access to a car for the weekend, and would be willing to drive, let me know ASAP.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=&daddr=45.51101,-73.568289&hl=en&geocode=&mra=mi&mrsp=0&sz=19&sll=45.510747,-73.568535&sspn=0.001462,0.003433&ie=UTF8&ll=45.510689,-73.568224&spn=0.001462,0.003433&t=h&z=19

Cost: Barring any last-minute complications, $70/person, which will cover transportation and accommodation. Cheques made out to “McGill Cycling”

You should bring: As little as possible. Your bike, your race kit (arm/leg warmers and booties advisable), and a change of casual clothes, plus whatever you need for schoolwork/entertainment. The lighter we travel, the easier it will be to pack the cars. You also must bring your passport, UCI license (unless you’re buying a day license), and your student ID. Bring sleeping bag/sleeping pad if you have one.

You should not bring: Things you can’t bring across the border. We will get groceries once we reach the states, do not bring bunches of bananas or other fruits because they’ll get confiscated, the car will wind up being searched, and no one will be happy.

Accommodation Details: Part of the team will be staying in host houses with Rutgers students, and part of the team will be staying at the same hotel we used last year, the Extended Stay Deluxe Piscataway.

Any questions? Email or PM me.

A couple of non obvious things to bring that you might not think of (especially if you are a new racer):

Zip ties or large twisty ties to put on frame number

Safety pins for putting on numbers

Bar end plugs (you can’t race without 'em and they have a tendency to check while people are lining up. I’ve got a few extras to give to people)

Student ID to prove you get to race with the ECCC (in addition to license)

A completed waiver filled out for all the races (even if you only do rutgers; I don’t know why…)
it is available here and I reccomend you print and fill it out before you leave
http://collegiatecycling.org/eccc/wiki/uploads/Calendar/2010-eccc-release-packet.pdf

i also suggest you guys check the weather and pack accordingly. last year we were racing in shorts and jerseys, but the year before that i believe it was snowing at the course morning of… so you may need more than just arm warmers and leg warmers. especially for warm up purposes.

@ john turtle:
did you get my email i sent yesterday?

Yup, got it! Thanks.

Still waiting for confirmations from 8 people.

if you need any phone numbers for people or email addresses, let me know

also, it can be useful to print out and carry the race flier so you know when your race is and any other useful info.
http://collegiatecycling.org/eccc/wiki/uploads/Calendar/20100306-rutgers.pdf
the important part is when your races start, having a sheet of the sponsors is not as urgent

Since we’re in reminder mode…

1. Register at http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=10317 nowish

2. Bring some USdolla dolla bills.

so where is the “usual spot”

Departure: We will be meeting at the usual space, the parking lot on Rue Evans, at 12:00. If you cannot leave/meet this early, contact me. We are travelling in several vehicles so arrangements can be made. We’ll be travelling in cars and minivans. If you have access to a car for the weekend, and would be willing to drive, let me know ASAP.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=&daddr=45.51101,-73.568289&hl=en&geocode=&mra=mi&mrsp=0&sz=19&sll=45.510747,-73.568535&sspn=0.001462,0.003433&ie=UTF8&ll=45.510689,-73.568224&spn=0.001462,0.003433&t=h&z=19