Now that we’ve reaquainted ourselves with our trainers and as we inch closer to exams, here’s a little something to look forward too: South Carolina 2019!!! Every reading week, McGill cycling travels south to enjoy a week of riding under the sunny skies of South Carolina. The riding in South Carolina is amazing and the trip is tons of fun, just ask anyone who has been!
Here is the general outline for the trip this year:
- We will leave Montreal on the evening of Friday, March 1st and drive through the night until we reach South Carolina sometime during the next day.
- We will stay all week together at a beautiful lake house and share meals.
- There will be 6 full days of riding and two half days on the days of our arrival and departure.
- We will return to Montreal on Sunday, March 10th.
Some other general points:
- ALL LEVELS ARE WELCOME. Everyday we have a beginner ride (40 km-100 km), intermediate ride (80 km-140 km) and an advanced ride (120 km+) all leave from the house. There’s something for everyone!
- The cost of the trip should be similar to last year being around $350 (subject to change). This includes travel, accommodation and in-house food for the week. Additionally, the trip fee is discounted for anyone who can supply a car for the trip.
- If we have more interest than space available in the house (unlikely), the priority is given in the order of McGill Students, McGill Alumni then Community members.
- Optional granola bar/coffee exchange. More information on this coming!
- IMPORTANT! Everyone who comes to South Carolina must be a TEAM MEMBER.
The South Carolina trip is McGill cycling’s biggest and most anticipated event of the year. It’s a fantastic opportunity to enjoy some warm weather riding during winter as well as a great way to sharpen up before racing season gets underway. We hope as many people as possible can make it this year!
Please fill out the below poll with your corresponding level of interest and enjoy a few of the many photos taken by @CedricCycling from last year’s trip!
- 100% Coming!
- 75% Probably
- 50% Maybe
- 25% Hopefully
More info to come but as always, don’t hesitate to ask any questions about the trip to any of our exec members!